I had never thought of actually giving specific instructions to the Quiz Writer during stories but this morning I got this excellent little set of instructions from Ben Lev (CA) which do exactly that. Thanks Ben. These are going to be useful to a lot of folks.
Querido/a Quiz Writer,
¡Gracias por escribir el examen pequeño!
1. Please write 15+ statements in Spanish about the facts of the story.
2. Use the new vocabulary in the statements.
3. Write about half of the statements true and half false.
4. Write Verdad (V) o Mentira (M) depending on the correct answer.
5. Listen carefully to the spoken story to help you write in correct Spanish.
6. Please write 1-2 statements that can be inferred from the story: something that is not said directly but can be said indirectly, supported by knowing the facts.
The Problem with CI
Jeffrey Sachs was asked what the difference between people in Norway and in the U.S. was. He responded that people in Norway are happy and
7 thoughts on “The Quiz Writer”
Dear Story Artist:
Thank you for illustrating today’s conversation.
Grant what goes in the blanks?
By the way,my superstar (I mean super) artist was expelled Monday, so in her place a guy who never participates jumped up and did a great job. Sometimes, the stillest waters run the deepest.
Speaking of still waters run deep, I told you guys at the beginning of the year about a student who didn’t put anything on his name tag card for his interests and Ben said to wait for it. Well, here at the end of the trimester, he chatted with me before school for a several minutes. He also got 100% on his trimester summative assessment. He also told me German music is the best.
Bravo, wunderbar!!! That sure was worth waiting for. So happy for him and for you.
I think Grant wants the blanks filled in. Correct me if I’m wrong, Grant
Thank you Ben Lev… This is really helpful for us greenhorns.
Just didn’t have the time after work. thought it might spark another member to contribute.
I would say,
illustrate at least four separate drawings
draw the target structures in action
add appropriate details for each location or each segment of class
draw the progression of our conversation
Sometimes I have the illustrator working during PQA or a one-word image. So instructions would have to be general enough to accommodate situations other than a standard story.