Ultimate CI Book Online Training CourseThe online Zoom training course supports Book 1. When you sign up for the training, a free copy of the Ultimate CI Book 1 is included.
If you can before the first class, attend to these four things:
(1) I’m asking everyone to do some reading before the first class. (The entire six-weeks syllabus is found on my website.)
Class 1, Saturday – 2.06.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time)
(1) Do the following reading in the Ultimate CI Book 1 (pink cover). (The book is sent out automatically once you’ve signed up for the training.)
1. Read pp. 7-17
2. Read pp. 18-19 (optional)
3. Read pp, 48-55
(2) Go to the following YouTube links and watch at least a few of them each week and try to get them all viewed by the end of Training Week 3 You will be glad you watched them. Try to notice how what is explained in the book matches up with what these teachers are doing in the videos. Eventually, it is exactly what you will be doing in your classrooms.
Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMrqOeQPiY&t=864s
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ApG-6gEjXI&t=6s
Video 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-0wrSrU3Y&t=4s
Video 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-0wrSrU3Y&t=4s
Video 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIZu7VqGlo4&t=2s
Video 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rttFc0tANGU&t=497s
(3) Have a piece of card stock and a marker of any kind ready at the beginning of class on Sat.
(4) If you notice in the videos, the teachers (Victoria, Jesus, me, Marko, Carl, Yvonne etc.) in each of our videos have set up a very simple little “space” for teaching online. You will need, ideally, a whiteboard behind you (like in the videos) or, failing that, a portable one that you can handle during class (Victoria does this quite effectively). The tripod whiteboard is ideal. You’ll also need a set of the question words in English. (No need to set up your little “teaching space” right now. It can be done later and if you don’t intend to “work” (i.e. get coached in class) you won’t need to build this little space at all.
(5) This class will demo a full journey around the Star (45-90 min.) followed by a Q and A discussion from questions raised in the Chat. If time remains: coaching.
- Read pp, 19-48
- Read pp. 58-66
- Continue on with more videos. Again, try to follow the predictable questioning level process as it unfolds in each video you watch. The road to your success is paved with those questioning levels and with the five phases of the Star.
- This class will demo and discuss the Create and Review phases of the Star, followed by a Q and A discussion from questions raised in the Chat. If time remains: coaching.
- Review pp. 17-66
- Watch one of the videos listed above.
- This class will demo and discuss all phases of the Star with special focus on its Write, Review and Extend phases. This is followed by a Q and A discussion from questions raised in the Chat. If time remains: coaching.
- Watch any of the sample videos 8-14 at https://www.youtube.com/user/benslavic/videos
- Review Pamela sample story.