Ultimate CI Book Online Training Course
If you want to access the full potential of the new Ultimate CI books, this online training course is the most important first step after reading Book 1. If money is a concern due to the pandemic hitting everybody hard, I can offer partial or full scholarships – just let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCLUDES A FREE COPY OF THE ULTIMATE CI BOOK (Book 1)
All attendees will receive a Professional Development Certification of Completion for 12 Hours of World Language Instruction Training.
Module A of the Ultimate CI Book online training program (the Beginning module – Book 1) covers everything in the first Ultimate CI Book. Module B (the Advanced module – Book 2)) covers everything in the second Ultimate CI Book. Note that Module A provides enough material to keep your online students engaged through their entire level 1 language instruction. Module B contains enough material for levels 2-4.
No Zoom instruction will be offered in Module B until summer of 2021. Module A is the pre-requisite.
Refer to the curved yellow bars on the Star Sequence chart in Book 1 to see exactly what is covered in Module A.
Here is the syllabus:
Class 1 –
The Create Phase
Saturday – 2.06.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time) – Creating a Tableau from Card Talk/The 4 Basic Questioning Levels
Class 2 –
- Read pp. 7-17
- Read pp. 18-19 (optional)
- Read pp, 48-55
- Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMrqOeQPiY&t=569s (is found at https://www.youtube.com/user/benslavic/videos). Try to follow the predictable questioning level process as it unfolds in each video. When you see the pattern of the questions and can duplicate them in your instruction, you will be very happy.
The Review Phase
Saturday – 2.13.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time)- Reviewing the Tableau/The Retell/The Reveal/The Quick Quiz
- Read pp, 19-48
- Read pp. 58-66
- Watch some of the other videos in different languages (at https://www.youtube.com/user/benslavic/videos). Again, try to follow the predictable questioning level process as it unfolds in each video you watch.
The Writing, Reading and Extend Phases
Saturday – 2.20.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time) – Writing/Reading/Extension Activities – completion of the Star Journey
Class 4 –
- Review pp. 17-66
- Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMrqOeQPiY&t=502s
Demo and Coaching
Saturday – 2.27.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time) – Demo in Spanish by Jesús Horacio Báez Ávila
Class 5 –
- Watch any of the sample videos at benslavic.com on YouTube
Demo and Coaching
Saturday – 3.06.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time) – Demo in Russian by Viktoria Yevtushenko
Class 6 –
- Review Pamela sample story.
Saturday -3.13.21 (12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time) – Coaching Intensive (leave your ego at the door).
Type: Recurring Meeting
Ultimate CI Training Course with Ben Slavic
Saturday, Feb 6, 2021 12:00 PM