TPRS in a Year!
TPRS in a Year!
By Ben Slavic
Format: PDF Digital Download
TPRS in a Year! was developed and written to help teachers speed up the process of learning TPRS. Forty-nine different skills are discussed. There are four in-depth sample stories describe how to construct stories using TPRS. There is also an extensive Q and A section in the book.
In TPRS in a Year!, you will discover how to:
- Work together with your students to create a story.
- Choose and implement the TPRS skills that work for you.
- Bring students into your classroom process without forcing them.
- Teach for authentic language acquisition.
- Learn techniques to make sure that each student understands
- Make comprehensible input and personalization the foundation of your success.
- Establish trust in your classroom.
- Use scripted stories as a basis for your own stories.
- Unleash the powerful tool of reading in your classroom.
- Teach writing using the proven dictée form.
- Prolong your career and avoid teacher burnout.
“Ben Slavic’s book, TPRS in a Year!, is excellent. It is all about doing what is best for teachers. This book is marvelous and will be a great help. I believe that it can only have a great influence for good.”
“Ben, I think your books rock. We’re at the German TPRS week long seminar and we leaders have promoted your books. TPRS in a Year! is perfect for both beginners who need a step by step instruction of each skill and for experienced people who feel their classes are becoming a bit flat.”
“I have been reading your book TPRS in a Year! and am completely enlightened. I have been doing TPRS for 5 years. Now, after reading your book, I realize that I have just dipped my toe into the swimming pool. I am ready to go for a dip this year.
“I had no idea of all of the skills that I [can improve] in. I had no idea that there were that many skills to look at in reference to TPRS. I had been to several workshops…and I had no idea of how to improve. You have given me a lot to think about! I am so pleased. Thank you so very much. Keep it up. You are a lighthouse to those of us trying to find our way.”
“I got your TPRS in a Year! yesterday, and I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you (and those who have gone before you) for your writing such a clear and helpful guide. I have already read most of it and have learned a lot. THANK YOU!”
“I have been reading your two books, PQA in a Wink! and TPRS in a Year!, and I think that they are the best teacher resource we have for TPRS. Great job!”
“Ben, I continue to read your books every day, absorbing them. I continue to think they’re absolutely the best resource out there for people who want to turn to TPRS.
“You cover everything – including every doubt, every reason people turn away from TPRS!”