When you read Ben’s articles, you will see comments and discussion at the bottom of the article from various PLC members.
Below is the tutorial on how to add your photo to both your article comments and forum posts.
Follow these simple steps and your photo should start showing up in your comments and posts…
- Go to the Gravatar website: http://www.gravatar.com
- Click the “Create Your Own Gravatar” button on the home page.
- Fill out your email address, username, and password. IMPORTANT – you have to use the same email address that you used to sign up for the PLC membership. (At Gravatar, you can set up a photo for multiple email addresses too, if you need to.)
- Click the sign up button.
- You will get an email sent to the email address you provided. Go to your inbox and open the email and follow the instructions. You will click a link that will bring you back to the Gravatar website.
- Upload your photo.
- Crop your photo if you’d like.
- Save the photo
Your photo should now show up anytime you post a comment on any of the articles or in the forum.
It is recommend that every PLC member take a few minutes and go through this process so every member has a picture whenever they post a comment. It will make the PLC experience feel more personal.
It’s always nice to put a face to a name!!!