For upper level kids as a fun break. Not intended for input gains, just some fun for kids who have at least a couple of years of language and who want a change in activities. This doesn’t work with large classes of unruly kids, obviously, but if you have a small group of kids who know the language pretty well, it can be a nice break from the routine:
- One student starts with “There is…” as we do in a normal story.
- Next student adds a word.
- They build a story that way. Teacher must be involved to direct things in an interesting direction.
- They write each word into their composition books as it occurs. Teacher does the same.
- When done (usually the story unravels) teacher projects the correct version of the story and they make corrections.